Support: Vault FAQ
Set-up Instructions and How to
How secure is the Logic Door?
The Logic door is designed from the ground up to be the most secure entryway possible. The door is built from solid steel and has a proprietary locking mechanism engineered to resist drilling, prying and breaching and is even bullet proof. Built in Wifi allows you to connect to the Logic App to receive notification about attempted and successful entry. Basically it is the most secure door you can buy.
What does the Logic Door Monitor?
• Temperature • Humidity • Tampering • Impact Forces • Door Opened or Closed • Backup Battery Level • Wi-Fi Connection • Code Entry and Access
What conditions is the door rated for?
The Logic Vault Door is engineered to be used indoors between 0-130° Fahrenheit (-18-54° Celsius or 255-327° Kelvin). The door is not designed for exterior use and direct water contact should be avoided.
What Size Wall can the 28-30” Outswing Door be installed in?
The 28-30” Logic Door replace both 28 and 30” interior doors with 30-32” Wide X 80” Tall rough opening sizes. It is 4.5” thick so it will fit a 2x4 wall with ½” drywall on both sides.The door will function completely in a wall thicker than 4.5”; however, additional trim may be needed to give the interior edge a fully finished appearance. If installing this door into a 32” wide rough opening, simply add one additional 2x4 stud inside to opening to make it narrower. See Door Dimensions for more details.
What Size Wall can the 30-32” Inswing Door be installed in?
The 30-32” Logic Door will replace both 30 and 32” interior doors with 32-34” Wide X 80” Tall rough opening sizes. It is 4.5” thick so it will perfectly fit a 2x4 wall with ½” drywall on both sides.The door will function completely in a wall thicker than 4.5”; however, additional trim may be needed to give the interior edge a fully finished appearance. If installing this door into a 34” wide rough opening, simply add one additional 2x4 stud inside to opening to make it narrower. See Door Dimensions for more details.
What Size Wall can the 36” Bunker Door be installed in?
• The 36” Logic Bunker Door is 8.1” thick. This door is designed to install into solid concrete or block walls at least 8” thick.The door will function completely in a wall thicker than 8”; however, additional trim may be needed to give the interior edge a fully finished appearance. • This door will fit perfectly into 36” Wide X 80” Tall rough opening sizes.See Door Dimensions for more details.
Is the Door Prehung?
Yes, the door is prehung into a solid steel frame and includes all the mounting hardware to be fully installed
Does the Door Frame include a threshold?
• Yes, the door frame has a solid steel threshold that will sit directly on the floor. The threshold also includes a ¾” tall lip to fully secure the opening, even from the bottom.
Does the door have Trim?
• Yes, the door frame includes 2.25” painted steel casing trim on the outside edge. On the outside of the opening, the only trim work needed is to match any baseboard trim up to the edge of the casing. • On the inside of the door, casing trim may be desired and can be placed all the way to the inside edge of the door opening.
Can I change the Color of the Door?
If you want to. The exterior of the door is powder coated steel and can be easily painted another color if desired. However, no paint should be applied to the face of the keypad or the inside of the Anti-Pry handle pocket.
How far open does the door swing?
The door can swing approximately 175° without an obstruction.
What Power adapters are provided with the Door?
• Wall Plug Adapter – This adapter provides the door with constant power and full functionality. This is the recommended method for powering the Vault Door and can be connected to either the inside or outside of the door.
• Battery Alligator Clips - This adapter allows any 12-volt battery (car battery, sealed lead-acid, Lithium-Ion, etc.) to power the door if no wall outlet is available and can be connected to either the inside or outside of the door. This adapter can also be used to power the door in case of a power failure. *The battery life using this method will depend on the size and type of battery used.
What if the power goes out?
• The Logic Vault Door has built-in rechargeable batteries to keep your door secure even if the power goes out. • In very extreme cases, we have calculated the door can also be opened one time by 8,000 standard sized russet potatoes.(Powering your door with potatoes is not recommended)
What is the Logic Door made of?
11 gauge steel with additional interior steel reinforcement bars.
Can the Door resist a drill attack?
Absolutely! The Logic Door has a solid AR500 steel armor plate to prevent drill attacks and is even bullet proof! The Bunker Door has the same armor plate with the addition of 500 stainless steel ball bearings to provide even more drill resistance.
How many locking bolts does the door have?
The Logic Door has 10 solid stainless steel locking bolts that can withstand up to 500,000 pounds of shear force.
How does the Anti-Pry Door Handle work?
The Logic Vault Door has a proprietary handle to resist prying and give the Door a smooth exterior (This is ideal if you’re hiding the door behind something). When a correct code is entered, the handle will automatically extend and it will retract once the door is locked. Prying or tampering with the handle will not affect the door lock. If the handle is held open, the door will remain locked and the handle will automatically retract once the handle is released.
How does the Door measure Temperature and Humidity?
• The Door has a built-in precision sensor located inside of the door near the manual door handle. • Temperature and Humidity readings are displayed directly on the keypad and in the Logic App. Notifications for high and low humidity and temperature readings can be customized in the app. • The sensor is accurate to +/- 3% for humidity and +/- 0.4 C (0.72 F) for temperature but does require 24-48 hours to acclimate upon initial install. *Direct sunlight on the door may affect an accurate temperature reading.
Can I open/close the door from the app?
• No. The Logic App does not store any PIN codes for your security. • You can enable 2-factor authentication for guest pins, which allows you to grant access (or NOT) from the Logic App when your guest use their pin code.
How do I set up my Logic Door for notifications?
Notifications can be sent to you directly from the Logic App, email and/or SMS. Under the main menu, you can change your notification preferences to set how you would like to receive them.
Does the Logic Door have to connect to Wi-Fi?
• We recommend using Wi-Fi and the free Logic App to monitor your door but the door is fully functional and completely secure even if Wi-Fi is unavailable or turned off.
What happens if the Wi-Fi Goes down?
If the Wi-Fi goes down, the Logic App will send you a notification. Even without Wi-Fi, you are still able to use your Master Pin to access the vault as well as any guest pins that do not have 2-factor authentication.
Does the door use a lot of data?
Nope, the door is designed to use a very small amount of data. The actual amount will vary based on door settings and usage.
How do I update the Wi-Fi Network?
• To update the Wi-Fi press and hold down the face button until the 3 logos turn solid yellow. Next, follow the set-up instructions via the App to connect to the new Wi-Fi network. All your other settings will remain the same when moving from one Wi-Fi network to another.
Are there any subscription costs?
Puck™ no! The Lockdown LOGIC™ App is free to download and use.
What if I lose my Master PIN?
We highly recommend recording your Master Pin code on the provided card and storing it in a secure location outside of the vault. For your security, Lockdown does not record a factory pin that can override the door. If the Master Pin code is lost a locksmith will have to be called.
How many PIN codes can I set?
The Logic Door can accept one Master code and up to 9 Guest codes. The Master code allows access and is required to change any door settings and set Guest codes. Guest codes allow other users to access the door but does not allow any changes to settings or other codes.
Can I set PIN codes from the app?
No. For your security, the Logic App does not know or store any passcodes. You are able to enable and disable 2-factor authentication for guest pin codes from the app.
What is 2-factor authentication?
The Logic door allows Guest codes to be setup with 2-factor authentication. This setting will send a notification to the Logic App anytime a Guest code is used. The access must be approved through the App before the door will open. The door will wait up to 99 seconds for the 2-factor access to be approved in the app. If access is not approved, the Guest code will not allow access.
Can multiple people be set to approve 2-factor authentication?
No, for your security only the owner of the Lockdown account can manage 2-factor authentication
Can 2-factor codes be used without Wi-Fi?
• No. Guest codes can be used without Wi-Fi, but 2-factor authentication requires Wi-Fi access to send the notification to the App. • If a Guest code with 2-factor enabled is entered and the Wi-Fi is not connected the door will beep 3 times and the Lockdown Logo and Wi-Fi icon will flash to indicate that access has been denied because the server cannot be reached. *If you do not plan to connect the door to Wi-Fi please ensure 2-factor authentication is turned off.
How secure are the PIN codes?
|PIN Code Digits||Code Combinations||Time required to guess a Code with the Lockout feature|
How many Lockdown devices can I sync with the app?
You can add up to 512 Lockdown devices to your app. If you need more than that, give us a call!
Can multiple people receive notifications?
For any Lockdown® LOGIC™ product you can choose other contacts to receive notifications via SMS or email.In the Lockdown Logic App. Open the main menu where you can access the Contacts Dashboard. This Dashboard allows you to add and update any contacts you want to receive notifications. The exact notifications they receive can be customized through the Notifications Dashboard in the App
How do I set up my Logic Door for notifications?
Notifications can be sent to you directly from the Logic App, email and/or SMS. Under the main menu access the NOTIFICATIONS dashboard. Within this dashboard you can edit and set notifications.
What if my account gets hacked?
The Lockdown® Logic Vault Door has top-of-the-line security giving you peace of mind for all your Lockdown® devices. If your account is compromised, simply reset your password but rest assured knowing that even a hacker cannot open your vault door.
My temperature and humidity readings are incorrect
Temperature and Humidity readings will take 24-48 hours to acclimate to the environment when first installed or moved. During this time readings may be innaccuate.